It’s My Choice
It’s My Choice
It’s My Choice explores the true life dilemmas concerning young learning disabled people who are leaving school.
The programme puts the young person at the heart of the action, helping them to make important life choices and negotiate the maze of potential pressures, confusion and anxiety that can occur when planning to leave the safety of their school.
The series of stories are adapted from the popular theatre production ‘It’s My Move’ and are presented via teacher friendly PowerPoints with embedded, interactive films.
The teachers pack, along with training videos is there to support teachers navigate the programme.
How to accessVisit the It's My Choice Website
Learning disabled young people from 14 – 21 years
- Reduce stress and anxiety around transition for young people with learning difficulties and disabilities (LDD) and their carers
- Help young people express their choices and for carers and professionals to listen
- Improve understanding of the local offer and the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- Short films based on the characters from the original show
- A teacher’s pack
- Online interactive teacher training
Stories of transition from school to adult life.
Adapted from the popular theatre production ‘It’s My Move’ by Julie McNamara and Face Front Inclusive Theatre
Each lesson/story is approximately 40mins
With funding and support from: Arts Council England, BBC Children in Need, City Bridge Trust, Daytrippers Foundation, Enfield Connections, John Lyons Charity, London Catalyst and Marsh Christain Trust.