FOR EMERGING ARTISTS
Emerging disabled artists have several training options, including master-classes, work experience and placements, support and mentoring.
Our master classes are for disabled artists who are newly professional or ready to become professional artists.
Skills training days are led by experienced industry professionals.
- An Actors Tool Kit
- The Actors Body
- The Actors Voice
- Play in a Day
We offer a six-month work placement for new artists.
- Performing in a professional touring production
- Assistant leader of young people and adult theatre groups
- Experience back-stage including stage management and technical stage management
- Arts Administration
'I have never done anything like this before, it was hard, but I learnt so many new things, please let me come to the next one’ - Disabled Trainee
‘I knew I wanted to do it, but I never thought I could have achieved so much and its all down to Face Front’ - Acting Trainee
FOR PUBLIC AND THIRD SECTOR ORGANISATIONS
We can provide lively, impactful training using interactive techniques and performances on a wide range of subjects.
Programmes to support professionals working with young people with disabilities moving from school to adult life
- Full day training with live theatre production and training on the Mental Capacity Act, run by Face Front and the Council of Disabled Children.
- Interactive performance for conference / workshops from 25 – 90mins for parents and / or professionals.
ARTS AND COMMUNITY ORGANISATIONS
We can provide lively, impactful training using interactive techniques and performances on the following subjects.
- Introduction to Safe-guarding
- Disability Equality
- Deaf Awareness
- Blind Awareness
- Learning Disabilities/Difficulties awareness
- Physical Disability awareness
- Invisible disability awareness
(Training sessions can be from 60 mins to a full day.)
We can provide training on the use of digital communication in clinical care of young people with long-term health conditions
Training for clinicians and young people with long term health conditions can be online or live in partnership with the LYNC study, Kings College London and Warwick University.
FOR COMPANIES & THE PRIVATE SECTOR
We can provide and devise lively, impactful training using interactive techniques and performances on a wide range of subjects suitable for workforce development.