Barry – Supported Artist
Dates with Face Front & Blue Sky Actors
I first joined Face Front so long ago I can’t remember the date – at least 10 years.
I joined Blue Sky Actors about five years ago and ended up working at Stratford Circus as an usher.
With Face Front I have been in numerous productions including:
- Between the Wi & the Fi by InteterACTion (2019) played Father
- Myth of Marvos Millions by Broken Silence (2019) played Ringmaster
- Sandwich Man The Musical by Broken Silence (2017) played Sandwich Man
- The Originators by InterACTion (2017) played Ensemble
- Our Island by Broken Silence (2015) played The Lion
- Determined & The Damned by InterACTion (2015) played Ensemble
- Tales of the New River by InterACTion (2013/14) played Dog Catcher
With Blue Sky Actors at Stratford Circus Arts Centre including:
- The Jingle Book (2017)
- The UnUsual Suspects (2018)
- Sevenish (2017)
- Peter Panto (2016)
- A2B (2016)
- M. Home (2016)
- The Wizard of Us (2015)
- 3 Minutes (2015)
- M. Home (2015)
- Three Pigs (2015)
- The Hunchback Dame of Notre Newham (2014)
- No Barriers With Barriers Bowling Club (2014)
Other projects connected to Face Front include:
- Princess of the Graveyard Palace (2015) at Stratford Circus Arts Centre
- Makaton Training for Blue Sky Actors
- Training Emerging Actors Masterclasses
- Usher at Stratford Circus Arts Centre
How did you find out about Face Front Inclusive Theatre?
Many years ago I went to see a Face Front project on a visit with Enfield council.
Annie interviewed me and I started at Broken Silence. At first I was so scared I didn’t even enter the rehearsal room but now I’m playing all sorts of parts including the lead role in Sandwich Man The Musical!
Also, I recently graduated with a Performance Making Diploma at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama with Access All areas. I learnt lots there, even burlesque and I’m in a show called 'Not F*cking Sorry' at the Soho Theatre.
How has being a Supported Artist helped you develop?
I was very scared at first but now I feel more confident being around other people. And, I have learnt new skills to help with day-to-day life.
What are you doing now?
I continue to be in Broken Silence ands InterACTion and I’m a Makaton trainer.
Also, I work as a (paid) Office Assistant at Enfield Council and volunteer as a Steward at Enfield Football Club.
What would you like to do in the future?
I’m really not sure what my future will hold, but soon I want to retire and spend more time at the library and supporting Chelsea FC.
Contact Face Front by emailing email@example.com or phone 020 8350 3461 to find out more about our Supported Artists Scheme.