Face Front Inclusive Theatre will be adapting their Theatre in Education play Whisper Me Happy Ever After into a short film for children aged 9 – 11. The new short film and accompanying forum will be called Whisper Me Digital and is about domestic violence and the effect on the mental health of children who witness it.
We are looking to cast young actors (ages 11-15), who could convincingly play children for the following characters:
- Yasmin: A 10-year-old girl, loves writing and dancing, younger sister to Aaron.
- Aaron: A 12-year-old boy, into gaming and wants to protect his younger sister Yasmin.
- Michael: A 12-year-old boy, fun-loving, cousin to Michael and Yasmin.
All three roles are highly emotional parts.
We will look to cast with diversity in mind to reflect our audiences, therefore actors of all ethnicity’s and cultural backgrounds are extremely welcome to apply, as are disabled and non-disabled actors.
- Phase 1: Group auditions on Wednesday 25th November from 4:30 – 5:30pm
- Phase 2: Individual Chats (20 mins each) on Thursday 26th November from 4 – 7pm.
Rehearsals (online and in person, covid allowing)
- Group rehearsal at Face Front Studio on Saturday 5th December, 10am – 5pm
- Zoom rehearsals on Wednesdays 9th & 16th December from 4:30 – 6pm
Filming (in Enfield)
- From Monday 4th – Saturday 16th January from 9 – 5pm.
As we will be filming in school dates and times, we will apply for a child filming licence where appropriate.
Fee: Equity & Independent Theatre Rates and a chaperon will be provided throughout.
To be considered for an audition, please could you provide us via email with the following:
- A short recording (recorded on a phone is fine) telling us a bit about you, your interests and why you’d like to be considered for the part.
- A photo/Headshot
- A CV (if you have one) with your contact details.